Friday, November 9, 2012

Activity Days: Decorating Pumpkins

I'm an Activity Days leader.  When I was called to that calling I had no idea what it even meant; I'm too old to have ever been in Activity Days in Primary.  To be honest, I'm still not sure about the point of the whole thing but I do it.  Some times we do churchy stuff, some times we just do fun stuff.

For the activity before Halloween we just did fun stuff because we couldn't think of anything churchy that had anything to do with Halloween.  We decided to decorate pumpkins but just decorations, not carving.  We did not want to have to be responsible for 8 year olds with knives.

I bought the googly-eyes, pipe cleaners, and puffy things at Walmart   They all came together in pretty little, matchy packages, which I didn't expect.  I thought I'd have to buy all that stuff separately.

My co-leader brought the jewel things and the genius idea to use hot glue instead of Elmer's - Elmer's did not work, at all.

Anyway, below are some of our creations.


No comments: