Friday, August 17, 2012

Lastest Quilt


I made another quilt.  As I'm sure you can clearly see, this one is 4th of July themed.  It is a Christmas gift for my newest nephew, born in early July.  If you look at the first image just right (or just wrong) the stripes look like they taper off on the ends but they are really all the same width everywhere.

My favorite part of the quilt is the star applique on the back.  I ironed the stars on to the back then, after all three layers of the quilt were put together, I started the quilting process by appliqueing the star with a close zig-zag stick.  That way you can (kindof) see the star shapes on the front of the quilt (middle image).  CJ later pointed out that the applique would have looked better in a different color, maybe gold, and I totally agree.  Instead of using matching red thread while doing the all the quilting, I could have used a goldy-yellow color for a fun contrasting look.  Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments: