Friday, April 22, 2011
I Love French Fries
One of my favorite foods in the whole world is french fries. I find them nearly irresistible. There is something about a salty, crunchy potato product that makes me salivate. Here are some of my favorites.
Favorite Chain Restaurant French Fries: Chili's. It is nearly impossible for me to let Chili's french fries go uneaten when leaving the restaurant. I'm pretty good at leaving stranger's plates alone but you will never find my plate or CJ's plate have french fries on it when we're leaving. Another chain restaurant with excellent french fries is Ruby River.
Least Favorite Chain Restaurant French Fries: Red Robin. I really don't like Red Robin's fries. In fact, when I go to Red Robin and get a burger, I replace the fries with cantaloupe or salad. Red Robin's fries aren't crispy enough for me and they are so big (in general I don't like steak fries) that the middle is mushy.
Favorite Fast Food French Fries: McDonald's. McDonald's fries have such a distinct and infectious flavor and smell that I can tell when my co-workers have been to McDonald's vs Burger King or Wendy's. They are delicious. I almost hate to admit it but I also like Wienerschnitzel's chili cheese fries. Maybe that's because it is difficult to find chili cheese fries (especially bean-less chili) at fast food places. However, when CJ and I were in the Seattle airport we ate some chili cheese fries from a place there that were amazing.
Favorite Frozen Store-Bought French Fries: Great Value Brand Seasoned French Fries. These are the fries that I probably eat most often because CJ and I can make them at home. They are about the same thickness as Chili's fries and have really good flavor. I love making french fries at home because I can bake them instead of deep-fry them (of course the were lightly deep-fried before being frozen but whatever) and I can put whatever I want or have around on them: ketchup, BBQ sauce, cheese, chili, etc.
Favorite Sweet Potato Fries: Rumbi Island Grill. Rumbi sells a mix of thinly cut regular french fries (which are good but not great) with crinkled sweet potato fries that are amazing. I think sweet potato fries are hard to get right because they usually end up being thick cut and awkwardly mushy in the middle but Rumbi seems to have gotten them right. I especially like dipping them in the teriyaki sauce that comes with the teriyaki flavored Grilled Chicken Sandwhich that I usually get (pictured is Rumbi's Kahuna Burger with Thousand Island sauce and a side of french fries).
What are your favorite french fries?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
So I have been giving this a lot of thought, and I would have to say that my favorite fries are the ones served at the BYU Creamery on 9th; they've got a variety of delicious flavorings and great fry sauce. Next comes Five Guys, and next comes Wendy's.
I don't think I ever had the creamery's fries but I trust that they are good. I've also never had Five Guys but Joe says that are good. I do like Wendy's fries but now that they are using sea salt I've found them to be too salty.
Post a Comment